Thursday, July 20, 2006

Tucker's New Soccer Toy

I have written some blogs months ago about the removal of the dog toys that Tucker has destroyed. Muh wife and I continue to buy him some toys that he destroys in short order.

We don't want to waste money on toys anymore, but you should see the absolute excitement in his eyes when he sees and hears a squeaky ball. He jumps on it and attacks it to death. Literally... to death.

This weekend, I was at the local Petco and they were selling some plush-ish stuffed soccer balls with a squeaker in the middle of them for a dollar or so in honor of the World Cup. There were a few different colors and I went with the brown and white one.



I brought it home and let Tucker have it. He went to town on it and made it squeak like crazy. He would bring it over to me and I would throw it across the room. This went on for a few days. How awesome is this toy? He has no intention of destroying it at all.

Very cool.



Take a look at just how intense he is with the ball in these pictures... and how can you not love this face?






"Easy. He's just a dog." That was Seth........ dog hater.

2 comments:

tangentwoman said...

I think he'll destroy it one of these days, but at least we've gotten our money's worth on this one!

Anonymous said...

I was at the mall the other day and was intriqued by a sign in the window at Victoria's Secret: "Free Stuffed Dog with Any Purchase." I felt kind of like an idiot being lured in by that sign, but then I proceeded to get distracted and find some things I wanted to buy. The dog, though, was in the back of my mind. I waited patiently online as a really slow sales girl checked out five people in front of me, and when it was finally my turn, I looked excitedly over at the tub of free pink dogs sitting on the counter. She packed everything up, I paid, and she gave me a receipt...but no dog! I immediately asked if I were going to get it, as indicated by the sign. She looked crestfallen and said in order to give me one, she'd have to return something of mine and re-enter it (good Lord). I insisted that she do so, which she obviously thought was insane but she did it begrudgingly. The point of this story? It's not wholly unreasonable to wait on line for 20 minutes, piss off the sales girl, and make others think you are nuts to procure a "free" toy to bring home to your favorite dog -- even when you spend about 10 times as much as an equivalent toy would have cost in the first place. So, I feel ya!! :) Abby