Friday, December 01, 2006

Everyone Loves a Parade?

Do you see the Question Mark in that title?

I do... I put it there on purpose. I forget that not everyone likes parades. I am firmly in the camp of those that love parades. I am not entirely sure why I love them, but every time that I see there is a parade in my town, I actually get excited.

It is the same damn thing over and over again.

We get:

Firetrucks with really loud and annoying sirens

Bagpipe bands with really loud and annoying bagpipes
Whining kids on floats
Really crappy costumes in convertibles

Antique cars
150 Boy and Girl Scout Troops


There is no variety with these things ever... yet... I love sitting my fat ass on the street with muh wife and dog and looking at all the people.

This year... we went to the Winter Festival Parade after Thanksgiving and we saw the same parade again... on an absolutely gorgeous day.

But here it comes to this... I don't know why... but I expect muh wife to be excited by it because I am. She never is and it seems to run through her family too. So she comes along and smiles at me and my unexplained excitement for parades.



She and Tucker are such good sports.

3 comments:

tangentwoman said...

In addition to the 150 scout troops, there also are at least a dozen dance schools represented, with probably a hundred girls ages three to 13 wearing red lipstick and inappropriate clothing. Very frightening.

My favorite this year was the high school students on the float: Miss Merry Christmas and Mr. Holidays, along with their court of runners-up. Horrifying.

Anonymous said...

Those pics of Tucker are so cute!!

Lori

Smelmooo said...

That's why I put them up there...

Puppies and babies... and since we don't have babies.........

TTTTUUUUCCCKKKEEERR!!!!