Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The L Word

Anyone ever heard of The L Word?

It's a show on Showtime that follows around a close knit group of lesbians in Los Angeles and it has totally and completely warped my view of lesbians.

Essentially... the show is a Hollywood incarnation of the lesbian world. The actresses on the show are gorgeous and they do "fun" things and interact with each other as regular people.

Yes... I have always known that lesbians are just like everyone else in how they act and treat each other. I have never had a horrible thought about them as I am a pretty liberal person on that front in that whatever you want to do is fine by me...

But the L Word has ruined my view of lesbians... completely...

So much so that muh wife and I were watching something else on a different show and all I could think... hey... that's not like the lesbians on The L Word... it can't be true.

Mwah ha ha ha ha ha....

Who cares about anything I just wrote... I just wanted to see how many times I could type the word lesbian.

I am such an immature putz sometimes....

4 comments:

m said...

apparently there is a neighborhood out there in hollywoodland where all of the L ladies live. maybe you could go visit? if you do, say hi to alice pieszecki for me - i kind of miss her. can't wait for season 4.

Smelmooo said...

Thanks for the comment M.

I loved Alice by the end of Season 3... she made me laugh and think a lot by the end of her emotional roller coaster ride with Dana (Don't want to give away any spoilers.)

It was also amazing that I liked Tina a lot in season 1 and by the end of 3, I want to smack her senseless.

Anonymous said...

I agree about Tina. WTF??? Dana will always be my favorite. It seriously is another world though. I can attest to "the chart" being not so far off the mark from the behavior of the lesbians I knew at Rutgers. Its almost incestuous.

-S

m said...

yeah, i think she's on now less for her character and more for her propensity to get nekkid. but i also can't stand bette. don't get me wrong, i LOVE jennifer beals, but i think the character is not a nice person.

and what about helena-who-has-two-personalities? she's completely different in seasons 2 and 3.

alice + dana = 4ever