Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Funny & Inappropriately True Story

Writer's Note -- I know this story is funnier to those that know me and my mannerisms.

It's time for a funnily inappropriate story.

I had an early breakfast meeting recently that I had arrived 45 minutes early to.

What can I say -- I left early anticipating horrific traffic?

I decided to sit in a parking lot and pass the time by reading Stephen King's new book.

I distracted myself a bit with some people watching and noticed a minivan full of six black and white women all about 50 years old dressed sharply.

Fifteen minutes later, one of the middle aged women walked up to my car and knocked on my window.

I rolled down the window -- God bless electronic windows.

The woman said, "It looks like you have some very dry reading there...."

I interupted with... "Not really. It's a Stephen King story and a woman is getting decapitated."

I said this because I saw that she wanted to hand me a religious magazine.

With the slightest flinch she said, "Let me leave this with you then."

I pulled out my sweetest smile and squint and said, "No thank you. I am rather engrossed with this right now."

She walked away with her magazine in hand.

The minivan pulled away 3 minutes later.

I swear there was someone tied up in the trunk.

That's my funny story about zealots...roaming parking lots for people to convert.

1 comment:

steakbellie said...

you should have offered to hug her. I think she was asking for that