Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Killed FREE FM

When Howard Stern announced his move to Sirius almost 3 years ago, 92.3 began planning their new station.

Abotu a month before he actually left, they announced that they would be going to an all talk format.

For the past eyar and a half, 92.3, formerly known as K-Rock, hosted a variety of talk shows, new and old.

The Radio Chick and Ron and Fez were brought back from former New York stints and those made me EXTREMELY happy.

I found new friends in JV & Elvis and was excited by the eventual return of Opie and Anthony.

Free FM became my first station of choice -- easily.

Also important to note that I refused to get satellite radio for a variety of reaons, not withstanding my relatively daily short ride to work.

A couple weeks ago, I purchased a new car and a year's worth of Sirius was included, and as I drove the car home from the dealership, I explored over 200 channels.

The novelty of the experience was fun and I discovered some neat new stations.

Then, I noticed it was 6:00 pm and it was time for the Radio Chick show, so I switched over to terrestrial radio.

Pearl Jam blasted out the speakers and the promos weren't saying FREE FM anymore and it appeared that the station went back to K Rock and was playing rock music again....

Soo... it appears that with my "switch" to Sirius, I killed an excellent station in the process.

Good by Radio Chick, Ron and Fez, and others.

I will miss you... but might I suggest that you look for a job on Sirius?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You killed the chick! You Bastard!

-Shari

mickeyg said...

So it's your fault that I can't hear my chicky anymore. Damn You!

Smelmooo said...

I am a f*cker.

Oh well.