Monday, June 11, 2007

Getting Kicked Out of Legends of the Fall

FBT recently told me that he rented Legends of the Fall because he had never seen it.

I laughed because I remember my junior year in college when I went to see this movie in the theaters.

I got warned and subsequently kicked out of the theater.

I hate people who talk in movies, and I almost always want to inflict physical violence on those that do talk.

LotF was such a shit movie with such shit storylines with such shit acting being passed off as a quality flick that I couldn't help myself but to make comments to the theater.

My warning came when Henry Thomas, the guy who played Elliott in ET was killed in the war sequence while tangled up in the barbed wire.

I couldn't help myself and yelled out, "Oooouuuuuccchhhh" much like ET did when Elliott hurt his finger.

The theater erupted in laughter, and I was warned by an usher.

I just couldn't get into the fact that all three brothers were chasing this pathetic woman who was only mildly attractive AND she loved all three brothers herself.

The movie did nothing for me but show me that women liked men that treated them like shit -- not a positive message at all.

I began to get more and more impatient with the film and lost it during the montage where Brad Pitt was a hairy ape on his trip around the world.

"Are you frigging kidding me? This is so stupid," I said.

"Since you think it is so stupid sir, then you won't mind waiting in the lobby for your friends until the movie is over," an usher replied.

What bad timing.

I didn't realize that he was sitting behind me.

I left and waited outside for my friends to come out.

That is the only time I have ever been kicked out of a movie theater...

You have to admit that the OOOUUCCCHHH was funny though... and it came at the absolutely most perfect time ever.

No comments: