Thursday, August 18, 2005

Random Events That Happened in Stores or Restaurants That Just Seem Wrongish

Random Events That Happened in Stores or Restaurants That Just Seem Wrongish


1. Muh wife and I were in a supermarket. We put a HUGE bag of corn on the cob and bananas in the cart. We turned our heads for about 45 seconds to grab some other type of fruit. Upon returning to the previous location of the cart, we found that another patron had stolen our cart. I grabbed another cart and became determined to find the person who took the cart. I looked at every single cart I could. The bag of corn ws distinctive as I put it into the cart in a weird fashion. My hunt for the perp ended when I found the 60ish year old woman about 3 minutes later. I confronted her about the cart and she got pretty defensive about it.

No matter how this converstaion may read... it was a strenuous moment... I started with "Excuse me ma'am, but is this your cart?" She said... "Yes." I said, "Just so you know, it started off as our cart until you took it from us..." She pulled the old, "I'm an old lady... I am so sorry...I didn't see the corn." IT WAS IN THE SMALL TOP SHELF!!!! She knew she was wrong and other small talk ensued. In fact, she even chased us down about 10 minutes later to continue to apologize... and the corn was conspicuously absent. Liar.

Long story short, I felt better about telling someone that they did something crappy (I did it aggressively without doing it rudely).

2. We went to Atlantic City on one of the really rainy days and we played a couple of hours of poker at Harrah's. A new table was started and muh wife and I sat down to the right of the dealer so we had a pretty good view of everyone at the table and were central enough to hear all conversations.



In addition to a table of mostly men, there was this really old annoying couple. They just hated each other and seemed weird when they sat down. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the guy because he basically didn't save a seat for his wife making her sit on the other side of the table. It seemed wrong. After 20 minutes of playing with her. I figured out why. She was a jerk. 60 something and a jerk. She became the center of many jokes at the table that she just wasn't getting. It made many of the people at the table feel better. If a person's bitter and angry attitude can be justified... this was the case... I totally could see myself becoming like him if muh dear sweet wife ever became a jerk like her.

3. We went out to eat one night and we had an interesting waitress. She wasn't that attentive and she spent the majority of the time discussing a friend's upcoming wedding with that friend at a nearby table. We heard all of the details as they were just a table or so away. It seemed a bit weird. The majority of the work done for us at our table was done by the bus boy (who was in his 40s ..easily). He brought us food, took side orders, and ensured that our visit was enjoyable.


At one point, our waitress finally got off her ass. She must have seen that I needed more water (as the glass was at my mouth and I was polishing off the remaining water) She grabbed a pitcher and just stood by the table until I finished. She didn't say anything. She didn't really look at me either. She just stood with pitcher in hand about 2 feet from me with a dripping pitcher in hand. When I finished drinking, she took it from my hand and refilled it. She didn't say a word and left muh wife's half filled glass sitting on the table. Why would you do that? Whatever.

No comments: