Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Tucker, Tucker -- Super PUP!

Alright... I haven't really written about Tucker in awhile, but recently, Tucker has proven that he is a super puppy of some sorts.

Muh wife Tangent Woman has already written about it some (Click Here) but I figured that I would follow up on it a bit.

First of all, Tucker had been absolutely fabulous with his spacedog Elizabethan collar on. Look at him in the picture accompanying the article. That thing is humungous on his little puppy head. YET, Tucker was able to get himself into lots of trouble with it on. He could run up and down flights of stairs and eat out of his regualr food bowl. He was even able to rotate in his crate at night and sleep comfortably.

Second of all, Tucker is a doctor of some sorts. I was watching him for the last couple of days as he learned how to prop his collar on his knee and still lick himself in the most naughty of areas. I was amazed at his resourcefullness. I mean, heck, he really wanted it and who was I was I to stop him. Anyway... Tucker wasn't actually licking. What he was actually doing was pulling out his own sutures. The vet flipped him over this past weekend and took a peek. He immediately followed up with... "Well, it looks like someone already took the sutures out." GOOD PUP!

Third of all, muh wife and I were filled with pride and pleasure immediately following the vet as we took the Wonder Pup to the local dog park.
It was our first trip to the park when there was more than one other dog present. At its peak, there were about 8 dogs that Tucker mostly got along with. When Tucker goes to those places, he has no interest in the toys. He simply likes playing with other dogs. This one guy was throwing a tennis ball for his dog to fetch. Tucker would run too but he would be chasing the other dog and have no interest in the ball. Interesting....

The other dog owners all oohed and aahed over Tucker. He really is a unique looking dog so much so that when someone walked into the park, they said something like "Oh my! What is that mix? I have never seen that before, but whatever it is, that is a really cute dog!"

Fourthly, Tucker is now able to signal to us that he has to go to the bathroom in a new way. Only I have seen it but when he does it, I can't help but laugh. He stands on his stumpy legs and puts his mouth on the doorknob. Good puppy... good puppy...

Fifthly, Tucker has learned to completely manipulate muh wife and I. When he does something that he gets scolded for, Tucker has learned that we can't stay mad at him when he flops over onto his back, twists his body, and sticks out his tongue. Tummy rubs ensue.

How cute and fun he is... we all love Tucker... don't we now?

No comments: