Thursday, October 27, 2005

Connecticut Campaign Signs

One of the things that always gives me great amusement especially when travelling to remote areas is that no matter where I am... no matter what state or community I travel to in October, the view is always the same.

The roads are LITTERED with campaign signs.

As a former campaign worker, I have my opinion on the effectiveness of these signs on the side of the road, but that is besides the point here.

When we were in Connecticut, we spent a lot of the time driving around looking at the pretty foilage and stuff. The campaign signs quickly became my biggest distraction.

We drove from town to town and I kept seeing the most amazing names and absurd claims...even in the remote mountaintops of Connecticut.

Here are just three of the signs that I saw while up there and I think different things about each.

Winner of the absolute WORST campaign name that you can have.



Nakhimovsky.

Really now... what kind of name is that?

Winner of the name that is the most French-ish...those Froggy Bastards!!!



Every time I saw that sign, it reminded me of that great moment in Pee Wee's Big Adventure of where Pee Wee kept trying to say French words..so he just went... "Blah...." I love that scene.

Winner of the Most Unfortunate Name Award



Bill Bonk. Need I say more?

2 comments:

ArtieLange said...

Great eye for the unusual. I'm not sure if a person with my maiden name (Munson is my married name) would have picked up on the humor of these signs.

Anonymous said...

Russian-Jewish, since you asked (and since I'm 0-4 in this town, I guess you're right LOL).
Zalman