Monday, October 24, 2005

Random Thoughts On a ....

Random Thoughts On a ....


No fleshed out thoughts... in big long blog... waaaaaa....


1. Word Verifications -- Does anyone else feel that the hardest things to read on the internet are those word verifications that you have on blogger comments and on Ticketmaster? I thought so... I feel like it is those damn 3D pictures you are supposed to stare at and see a picture..which I just can't do... I have so much trouble reading those things... so much trouble.

2. Bank of America promotion -- I am a huge fan and have been for YEARS of never spending the change in my pocket. Even if I buy something and I know for a fact that I have enough change in my pocket to cover it, I won't. I simply put all the money in a jar and use it for myself and muh wife to buy something frivulous when the jar is full. Bank of America is offering a neat promotion called Keep the Change. Here's the gist. "Here’s how it works: every time you buy something with a Bank of America Visa® debit card, we’ll round up your purchase to the nearest dollar amount — and transfer the difference from your checking to your savings account.1 So you get to keep the change and grow your savings." So.. if your purchase is $3.43, then it will take out $4 from your checking and put $0.57 into your savings. Pretty neat...and it really does add up to a lot in the end... approximately $350 a year.

3. Terror Warning Leak to the Rich -- This whole idea that some of the well to do in NYC were tipped off EARLY about the terror warning...is really pissing me off.

4. Sink at work -- I hate waste... I really do... In the men's room at my office building, there are four sinks and all are automatic. You just put your hands under them and water comes out. Three of the four seem to operate correctly. You pull your hands out..and the water stops. The fourth faucet just runs for another 30 seconds or so .. and is often running when you finish drying your hands and leave the room. I know it does it... yet... for some reason... I CONTINUE TO GO TO THAT SINK. Duh dammit...

5. Daniel Craig -- James Bond is going to be played by a virtual no name... I have seen Daniel Craig in a bunch of stuff. He is cool and a bad ass so the new bond flicks should be good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure Bank of America isn't going to put your change in THEIR account? They were really good at taking my money when I did my banking with them.
-Shari

ArtieLange said...

I want to spend some time thinking about that BofA promotion. Too bad they won't round up with "their" money. If that was the case, I'd open a nothing more than $1.01 store. BTW, you may never get this. I can't read that damn verification thang!