Friday, October 28, 2005

Teaching an eBay Class -- The Good Times...

Last night, I have my best eBay class of them all.

To get many of you re-aquainted with me, here is a quick list of facts about me and a link for you to click on my latest eBay class.

1. I like eBay.
2. I have been selling a lot of stuff for a number of years.
3. I teach others how to sell their stuff on eBay.
4. I formalized the whole thing by actually convincing the Adult Education department of a local town to teach a class.
5. My class is the ONLY class in the entire structure that sells out and turns people away.
6. Click here.

So yesterday, I had another one of these classes and nothing went wrong. The poewr projector was set up perfectly and the computer was all ready to go when I arrived. It was a pleasant experience.

The crowd was also different.

Usually, there is that one annoying person that sits in the front of the room and asks the most inane questions possible. This person is almost always "cold" and bundled up in a jacket while I am walking around in my T-shirt... This person dominates the conversation with tales of success or failure and actually drives other people in the class a bit bonkers as their eyes roll into the back of their heads.

The class was a cohesive unit this time. People asked questions and none of them were annoying and almost all were relevant to the discussion. It made for a very fruitful two hours and fifteen minutes of lessons.

When I noticed the clock at 9:00 in my previous classes, there were always a few people that were restless and ready to go home. You could tell that they didn't want to be there anymore and not necessarily because of my teaching but because of these annoying people. Muh wife still cringes at the thought of "Larry" the radio guy.

last night at 9:00 however, no one was ready to go. There were still questions and we had an interchange that was spectacular. Often, I feel drained after the class, but last night... I felt energized and excited abut the prospect of doing it again in the fall.

Here's to eBay, the great unifier.

No comments: