Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Top Five Tuesday

Top Five Reasons Why Trying To Watch Airwolf on DVD Was a Chore
1. There weren't really any action sequences. It was basically just a lot of stock footage, close ups of Jan Michael Vincent and sound effects thrown in. They TRICKED my little pre-teen brain!
2. Jan Michael Vincent... I now see why he didn't really get any work after Airwolf.
3. Ernest Borgnine was the comic relief... That's right... the guy that played Marty...
4. The whole premise of the show is that Vincent's character is holding Airwolf hostage from the CIA faction -- The Firm -- and he will do things for them while they search for his missing brother. HOW THE HELL DO YOU HIDE A HELICOPTER??!?!? Just follow him... he hid it in the frigging desert people!
5. I know that Airwolf was a super helicopter... but really now... fly all the way to Russia and back with only one refill of fuel? Come on....

Top Five Reasons Why the Three Volcanoes In Alaska Are Showing Signs of "Unrest"
1. The news that Bush won re-election has finally reached them.
2. Mount St. Helens made a "mother joke" about one of them.
3. Why the heck not have another natural disaster... we have had hurricanes, floods and earthquakes... an erupting volcano might be fun.
4. Somebody asked it too... It is more exciting than trying to watch an NBA game.
5. They are practicing their Halloween costume -- Active Volcano

Top Five Examples of One Camera Comedy and Why it Is the Future of Sitcoms
1. Arrested Development
2. The Office
3. My Name is Earl
4. Everyone Hates Chris...
5. Extras....

Top Five Hobbies of Mine That Some Would Say Make Me a Geek
1. Sudoku
2. Fantasy Football
3. Watching Greg the Bunny on IFC
4. Reading.... even though it is on hold right now...
5. Blogging... yeup... blogging....

Top Five Reasons Why I Am Glad That the Yankees Lost
1. I don't have it in my to cheer for them anymore...
2. Rutgers might have a winning season... so I can focus on that...
3. They did better than the Red Sox... let another team win... I think I will root for the Astros now...
4. I can focus more attention on my geek hobbies now...
5. No more staying up until 1 in the frigging morning to see who wins.

Top Five Celebrity Women That I Think Are the Hottest People in the Universe One Day and Then the Next... The Worst
1. Uma Thurman
2. Catherine Zeta Jones Gifford Douglas Smith
3. Robin Wright Penn
4. Katie Holmes
5. Cameron Diaz

No comments: