Thursday, April 13, 2006

Putting My Life Into Perspective

I am often reminded at how much I remain a child at heart even though I have a lot of responsibilities.

For example:

Muh wife and I were sitting at our table, with me in my sport coat and cuff links and her in a nice outfit eating at a pretty nice place in Princeton, when a twelve year old boy walked in. He looked just like any other twelve year old boy except that he was wearing a T-Shirt I don't see often. It was a T-Shirt for one of my favorite movies The Evil Dead -- seriously. So... I actually felt my heart leap and I think my face lit up and I announced to Tangent Woman... "that kid has an awesome shirt!" She asked me what it was and I told her.. .with excitement in my heart... that's when I realized how much of a tool I was/am. I was envious of a 12 year old boy's t-shirt. Lame ass...

My favorite CD of the moment is a mix CD that I stole from a neighboring reception at a wedding that muh wife and I went to in November (Click here for a reminder of that event...) It is an intersting story of theft and honor. I keep reliving the past with this song as I bop and hum along with Def Leppard, Night Ranger, and POISON. It is the early days of high school... revisited.

The weekend of Wrestlemania was pretty busy. I normally head down to my friend Chris' to see it but this year, I would have just about killed myself from exhaustion if I had tried to make my way down there. You can't imagine how sad I was to have missed it as I think it is the first one I have missed since the Mike Tyson one... I had to read about it online the next morning... I was so excited to read about the results of some of the matches and I can't believe that I actually let out a little yelp when I read that Chris Masters lost... Maybe they will finally bury this waste of space and give Carlito the push I want him to have. "I spit in the face of people who do not want to be cool..." I am seven sometimes....and jealous of 12 year olds....

These are just some silly things... but I gotta confess... sometimes... I can't help but wonder how easy it would be to be 10 again... but then... I remember Mr. Higerd... and that idea just begins to look like shit.

4 comments:

steakbellie said...

I feel the same way about Masters and the 'unbreakable' Masterlock. Other than being a body builder he doesnt offer much in the way of wrestling. I like that he's 22 and loosing his hair. That makes me laugh as I hold my own hair folicles in place with my hands. HAHA.

I regret being too cheap to buy Wrestlemania. All of the writeups put the Mankind/Edge match up there with the best of all time. My kids abandoned me for a neighbor who was not so cheap, and I also regret not seeing Mysterio win the Belt. Randy Orton isnt a great wrestler, but they use him well as a bad guy. Angle is almost as fun to watch as Mysterio...I'm buying the DVDizzle when it comes out....

steakbellie said...

I see kids all the time with t-shirts from our era. There was this 20 year old kid on the subway with a mohawk and a Misfit's 'Die, Die, my Darling' tshirt on.

He was looking at me with hatred because of my business dress. I wanted him to say something so I could point out I was wearing the same shirt over 20 years ago and that the guys in the band are shitting in diapers now.

not that i have anything against shitting in diaper, some of my best friends do that....

Smelmooo said...

Chris F-ing Masters is a joke my friend. I can't seeing him smile. The guy is only 22 and he looks like he is 50 something. I don't say this often, but I would rather have Ric Flair's hair than Masters' hair. What a schmuck.

I also need the following "wrestlers" to take a spear into the eyeball -- Candace, The Coach, Lita, Booker T & Sharmell, Jillian, John Cena, Mark Henry, and Road Warrior

I need the following wrestlers to get a major push...and I will watch every week. Carlito, Edge, Ken Kennedy, Benoit, Matt Hardy, Rob Van Dam, and Shelton Benjamin.

steakbellie said...

i thinbk we're on the same page pretty much...has Kennedy been hurt? I havent seen him in months!