Thursday, September 21, 2006

Survivor Cook Islands Notes -- Week 1 Over

Week one of the controversial season of Survivor is over and I have one main thing to say about the controversy.

WHO GIVES A SHIT!!??!?!

I saw that a bunch of writers are disgusted and offended that CBS would do something as horrible as this... give me a break. As someone who has seen every single moment of every single Survivor ... ever... I can't help but get annoyed at people who are getting annoyed at the program.

The fun part about Survivor is not the game playing. It's the human interaction between everyone and how they react to each other and their actions. It is a people watching game and the best one on television.

A few years ago, they broke the tribes up by gender to add a new dimension. Then last year, they broke them up by age and this year by ethnicity. What was the purpose? Nothing. The differences are already obvious and I want to poke people in the head for even caring.

The entire show is a contrived and controlled experiment and after watching the first episode of this controversial season, I say... it still is and that's what makes the show so great...

Enough of that... do I have any impressions of the contestants.... I sure do... Here are a few of them.

1. Early favorites are Jonathan, Yul, Oscar, and Becky.
2. Early people that I want to jam my finger in their eyes are Adam, Parvati, and Candice.
3. Early colorful people that I would like to see last awhile because they might be a lot of fun are Cao-Boi, Billy, and Stephanie.
4. I want to like Jessica, but as soon as she let the chickens out... she lost me.
5. I am still a bit confused by what tribe is which because they use the stupid tribe names and there are four of them. That's like trying to remember all 100 names of the in-laws you just met on your wedding day. It's tough. Callthem by the color names... no... not black, white, etc... but the tribal colors names you gave them. I would be less confused.
6. Cao-Boi will be his own worst enemy.
7. I read somewhere that Jeff Probst said that Jonathan would be a great narrator. That would be correct.

Tonight's Prediction for boot -- A White Chick....
_________________________________________________________


Reminder -- (The number in parenthesis represents the position in the draft they were chosen.)

PORK CHOP EXPRESSS (MEE!!!)
Adam (1)
Yul (4)
Jenny (5)
Becky (8)
Ozzy (Oscar) (9)
J.P. (12)
Candice (13)
Rebecca (17)
Brad (20)
Sekou (16) -- BOOTED WEEK ONE
Side Bet
Caucasian Americans
African Americans

AAAASSSHHHHH FFFFAAAUULLTTTT
Cecilia (2)
Sundra (3)
Nathan (6)
Anh-Tuah (Cao Boi) (7)
Christina (10)
Jonathan (11)
Jessica (14)
Parvati (15)
Stephanie (18)
Billy (19)
Side Bet
Hispanic Americans
Asian Americans

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh come on. Calling them black, white, brown and yellow would cause so many strokes it would be even better than the show!