Friday, November 03, 2006

Book 53 of 26 -- Stuart Woods' Short Straw -- A Rant

Good morning kids!!!

Look at me... I am reading a lot and I can't help it if a few of you guys are jealous. Seriously kids... let me read and then let me feel good about.

It somewhat reminds me of an old rant by Dennis Miller (probably about 10 years old) where he brings to light the issue that smart people or people who pursue reading are often ridiculed by society.

Why? Why can't I please read what I want... when I want folks?

That's what I thought... you're jealous...

Now... let me alone about it a little bit since I refuse to feel bad about reading.

Alright... on a train ride to DC, I was able to read a 300+ page book by Stuart Woods entitled Short Straw.



Short Straw is an "Ed Eagle" book and it follows Stuart's reliable formula of put a relatively affluent person into a deadly predicament and he or she essentially throws money at a solution by hiring some reformed or shady personnel.

Short Straw is no different and it is a PERFECT train ride or beach book. THe writing is simplistic enough and there isn't much depth to it at all.

It's a lot like an episode of I Pity the Fool -- with the greatest theme song ever.

Love you all....

No comments: