Monday, November 20, 2006

Evil Dead -- The Musical... NO REALLY!!! READ THIS!!!!

For my birfday, muh lovely wife and I attended a performance of Evil Dead The Musical with a pair of friends.

It is an Off Broadway show that has been receiving some decent reviews across the nation and finally just opened in New York City a couple of weeks ago.

It is based upon my favorite series of horror flicks (Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness) by loosely combining the plots of the first two and makes lots of silly references to the third flick.



The musical is a comedy. There is nothing scary about it and it is really a laugh riot. They make fun of the horror genre by essentially skewering the entire genre. You don't need to know the movies at all to enjoy it... the best person to confirm this is muh lovely wife who begrudgingly went but was entertained enough by my excitement alone.

Once the first few minutes were in the book and the audience understood that the show was going to be a huge joke, she enjoyed it thoroughly. I want to describe this show better, but I can't. It is pure fun and schlock.



I would really hate to be the clean up crew as the cast goes through gallons and gallons and GALLONS of fake blood in one of the most inspired final "battle" scenes ever...

I say gallons because they pour the blood out of their wounds in some extremely funny ways... So much blood comes out that they give the first four rows plastic parkas to protect them from the blood that lands in the "Splatter Zone."

Thank you wife and thank you friends for a fantastic time at a fantastic show.... Please add more Tangent Woman and more if you can... I can't do this show the justice it deserves!

No comments: