Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Watching Comic Relief 2006 -- Boring Reflections

One of my favorite memories growing up was watching Comic Relief every year... yeah... I was a tool, but I loved watching Stand Up comedy whenever I could. I used to watch the Comedy Channel -- that's right... Comedy Channel... not Comedy Central all the time.



Comic Relief used to be a mixture of two things -- a blend of established famous comics that didn't do too much public performing and new comics that no one had heard of. I enjoyed the show because I was able to see these new comics and old perform.

This year's Comic Relief was no different. It was a 4 hour show that featured a mix of comics -- mostly old -- that were trying to raise money for Hurricane Katrina victims. I taped it and watched it mostly on fast forward.

I was surprised to see that my favorite comedian was actually Rosie O'Donnell. It seems as though she hasn't really lost her touch when it comes to performing... That's right folks... I am admitting it here... she was hilarious.

In fact... she used to host a stand up show on VH1 that made the careers of many young comedians.

I was bored by Robin Williams and Billy Crystal, but Lewis Black and George Lopez were fantastic.

(Side note -- George Lopez is NOT the father of Mario Lopez.... )

Good times for myself and how I made the entire 4 hour show finish up in 1 hour and 15 minutes is beyond me.

No comments: