Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Riding the Train to DC One Weekday Morning

I recently rode the AMTRAK train down to DC for a work event... and I had a few minutes to kill...so I typed this stuff.

Metropark Train Station -- THe parking garage at the Metropark Train Station is an amazingly designed building. I wanted to park my car for a couple days and I needed to find a spot. I drove the pattern of the garage which involved a lot of turns and ramps and bumps and more turns. I kid you not, but I was driving around for 15 minutes when I finally found a space. That doesn't bother me. It should be expected at 8:30 in the morning. I was most surprised that after all that driving, I was only on the fifth floor. The bulding is seven stories high. Boring story... but I am still amazed.

Philadelphia is a popular place for people to get off the train at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday in October. When I got on in Metropark, the train was pretty darn full, but when the train got to Philadelphia, people got off -- at least 2/3 of them. It freed up my next door neighbor's seat and I am glad to be able to watch a stupid movie instead of listening to a moron behind me talk to his secretary a bit to friendly-ish.

Suicide -- The big talk of the train was the guy who got whacked by a train a couple of days prior to my ride. It happened at the Metropark train station-ish. Apparently, this fella was trying to cross the tracks and he stepped in front of a train. I never understand this if it is by mistake. How do you not see a train coming... but whatever. I love how no one really gave a crap or not if the person was alright, but they complained more about the delay the corpse caused. "I was late because of that guy... a whole hour." I bet he was going to Philadelphia...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to know you were in DC and didn't call to say hi!

:-P