Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Fooling Me Completely...

I was at a convention recently and I stayed in yet another hotel. I dragged my carry on suitcase up to the front desk and I couldn't believe that I had to sleep in yet another room that wasn't my own.

I was thinking ahead about what I had to do once I got to my room that included checking the pillows and following up on work emails when I told the woman at the front desk that I was ready to check in.

I went through the entire process of giving up my name and credit card information. She handed me my pass card to get into the room and stopped speaking for a second.

That got my attention and I looked up from the sheet I was reading as this was a unique moment...

That forced me to pay attention to the woman... when I realized... she wasn't a woman. I don't know if it was a tranvestite or a transexual or somewhere in between, but it was a surprise to me.

I am always surprised when I am fooled for a little while by one of these folks. I don't give a poo about their lifestyles, but it always amazes me when I am surprised....

"Blah blah blah Smelmoooo... "

Exactly my loyal reader... exactly...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and here i'd have thought you'd recognize him/her from that date you went on (pre TangentWoman days of course)

Smelmooo said...

I would give these comments so much more consideration, if they would just ID themselves....