Monday, November 06, 2006

Dropping Tucker Off At the Resort -- a 180

I have often said and written about the resort that we drop Tucker off at when muh wife and I travel. For a few bucks a night, Tucker gets to run around with other dogs and play all day long. It is the anti-kennel and we love the knowledge that Tucker is socializing with other dogs and having a great time.

I have also written about how I am a bit selfish with this too. In the past, I drop Tucker off and he gets excited by the place. He then has no problem showing his excitement and runs immediately into the back of the resort. I always feel a bit goofy about it because I wonder how much he likes us when he can't get away from us. I selfishly want him to be sad to see us go.

He didn't do that this week. For the first time in two years-ish, he didn't do it.

The lady behind the desk took our little darling away from me and led him into the back. He walked with his head down and slowly. I didn't think too much of it since I know he loves being with us. (For the non-believers out there, Tucker really does get all antsy and runs around the house when we aren't in the same room as him.)

The gate shut and I knew that Tucker had another door to go through. I heard that door open and then I heard a quick rustling... with some shouts of concern. I turn and I saw our cute little fella with his nose and paw sticking out the gate looking at me.

My heart dropped... I finally got what I asked for and here I was... sad to leave him.

The lady got Tucker under control and I gave Tucker a treat and a pet on the head... he eventually turned and went with the lady into the back with some slight coersion.

Wow... be careful what you wish for kids... sometimes... you will get it.

No comments: