Friday, May 04, 2007

Book 23 of 52 -- Stuart Woods' Fresh Disasters

I am really plugging along. It's amazing how a due date... as in my library book is due in a few days makes me feel -- "I better get this M-Fer read before the date comes or I am going to be charged 50 cents per day! (It's more since they are new releases... and you can't renew new releases... tough noogies...)"

One of my mystery writer standard writers is Stuart Woods. Stuart Woods is an example of a writer who wrote some really detailed and interesting stuff when he was younger. Then... he found some tremendous success with his novels and began to churn out book after book after book.

When this happens to a writer, they tend to churn out less detailed and simpler books to get to the next paycheck. Stuart Woods has reached this level...

His books barely reach 300 pages and the re-occurring characters never seem to develop much. There are small plot continuations, but they don't evolve so you can pretty much guarantee how they will react in any given situation.



His new book is called Fresh Disasters. This book is no different as we follow the storyline of Stone Barrington -- Woods' most successful character.

It's a pretty decent book, but I always wonder how I can enjoy books where they identify the murderer about 2/3 into the book and spend the rest of the time trying to bust that person/persons... it is distracting... but oh well.

And is tradition with Stone Barrington... he bangs a lot of chicks... I think there were three of them in this one.

No comments: