Friday, May 18, 2007

Damn You Applebees

So... muh wife and I have had a very strong aversion to ever going to an Applebees ever again.

For a reminder of why we feel this way, please take a look at this blog from March of 2006.

http://smelmooo.blogspot.com/2006/03/evil-applebees-of-palm-desert_27.html

Last week, muh wife and I were feeling REALLY lazy on a Friday night because she was home late and we wanted to go grocery shopping at our favorite Stop and Shop immediately following dinner... SOOO... we went to Applebees for dinner.

We were quickly seated and we ordered an appetizer for my super hungry wife whose stomach was "digesting itself." Cute honey... cute...

It came quickly and then we ordered dinner.

Dinner came quickly and it tasted awesome.

I had the Quesadilla Burger.



...and Tangent Woman had the Bruschetta Burger...



It made me hate Applebees for being so damn inconsistent and shitty... but proving us and our damn preconceived notions wrong.

1 comment:

m said...

i feel the same as you, smelmooo. i went about a month ago with a friend (under duress), and i was surprised that it was totally fine. i'd been avoiding the place for about seven years.

on my (only) previous visit, i was with my family, including my dear departed grandfather. four of the five of us had COMPLETELY UNEDIBLE meals. the roast beef was GRAY. gray i tell you! it made me never want to go back there again.

but what do i do now? risk more gray roast beef, or try again?