Monday, May 21, 2007

Why I Love Ugly Betty



I don't like Ugly Betty.

I don't hate Ugly Betty, but I don't like Ugly Betty either.

Muh wife loves Ugly Betty... a lot. She watches it every week and laughs at most episodes.

I have a few reasons why I LOVE Ugly Betty though... just to be confusing...

1. The show has some absolutely gorgeous and drop dead beautiful women on the show... so I would enjoy it more without volume. It makes it that much more tolerable.



2. When Ugly Betty is on... it forces me to get up and do chores around the house. I do laundry... trim meat... cook food... something that doesn't get done when I interested in watching my television.

3. The most obvious reason... it makes my wife happy... unbelievably happy.

So there you have it... Ugly Betty... except when it is in High Definition... makes me more production and I Love Ugly Betty.

So sue me....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well of course, in high-def, Vanessa Williams looks more awful than one thought humanly possible!
-Shari

Smelmooo said...

Ooof... on another note... high definition is the worst thing to happen to actresses. it really points out all the flaws...

For some reason... worse than on men.

m said...

everything having to do with age is worse for women, but i digress.

i LOVE ugly betty for MANY reasons, but mostly, because by the time 8 pm on a thursday rolls around, i am in DESPERATE need for something light, campy, sweet, snarky, and just...betty. i also often feel like poor betty - a fashion-backwards girl in a fashion-forward world. just ask s. i'm fashionably-challenged.

but even so, i still don't tuck my sweaters into my pants.