Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Why The Hell Did You Do That? Marriott

I am a frequent hotel "dweller." To put it into perspective, this year alone (just 2007), I estimate that I have stayed in a hotel for about 30 days/nights.

I am also allergic to down and feathers.

I add the two together and you get a young man who is constantly asking the hotel to come into my room and change all the pillows and comforters in the room to non-down products -- foam... whatever it takes.

I am used to it.

A couple weeks ago I was staying in a Marriott with my wife and we got into the room and I called Housekeeping to come in and change our pillows. 3 hours later...when we returned to our room, the pillows were changed and we had a very nice night of sleep.

The next morning, we awoke and went about our business for approximately 6 hours.

We showed up in the room and were pleasantly surprised to see the bed was made up and it had extra pillows!

That's right... extra pillows!

Oh wait... I wonder if they are down... those extra pillows...

Upon further examination, I couldn't figure something out.

All the pillows ... and not just the extra ones... but ALL the pillows were changed back to down pillows.

WHAT THE HELL?

We called room service and asked for the re-change to occur. They were very apologetic and made the change... including taking the comforter away that was also made of down.

I still can't figure it out... that was just completely absurd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping you wouldn't notice.

Damn.