Wednesday, May 02, 2007

RIP -- Tom Poston



I got home yesterday and turned on the lap top computer.

I was saddened to read that one of my favorite "That Guy!"s was dead.

His two most famous roles were on Newhart and Mork and Mindy.

On Mork and Mindy, he played the downstairs dopey pants named Franklin Delano Bickley. Every time they went downstairs to talk to him, he made me laugh at his sour puss comments.

On Newhart, he played handyman George Utley. He provided some much needed comic relief on that show too.

He was never a superstar and when I told my wife that Tom Poston died, she said exactly what I thought she would say... "Who?"

I guaranteed that if she saw his picture, she would know exactly who he was....

I showed her a picture... and as I thought... she knew exactly who he was...

Good luck Tom Poston...wherever you are... and whatever it is that you are doing...

You were loved by many...

No comments: