Monday, March 27, 2006

THE Evil Applebees of Palm Desert

The Evil Applebees of Palm Desert

A few years ago, muh wife and I traveled to Palm Springs to go to a work trip. While down here, we met up with my cousin, his wife and son for a lunch. After some debate, we went to Applebees for lunch and had one of the most unpleasant dining experiences we have ever had.



Muh wife ordered a chicken sandwich that came with cheese. She asked for it without cheese. The food was brought out and her sandwich had cheese on it. Fine… no big deal… please take it back and bring a new one with no cheese. Right?

The waiter came back about 3 minutes later with a new sandwich... or so we thought. Muh wife removed the bun to do something to it when she realized that it was the same sandwich as last time but the cheese had been scraped off and torn from the bun.

This was not cool.

We immediately complained about this and about the burgers that my cousin and I received. They were both cooked to charcoal. The manager profusely apologized and essentially offered us a gift certificate to make up for it.

Unhappy, we took the free meal and the future free meal home with us. We used it at a local Applebee’s because we never want to see anything go to waste.

Muh wife ordered the exact sandwich with the exact same parameter of NO CHEESE. I could never imagine this folks, but guess what? It came with cheese, was sent back and the same sandwich with cheese improperly removed was brought back.

Applebees was immediately placed on our major shit list and we vowed to never go back as it was an extremely unpleasant experience.

I know that many of you know that my sister works for them and is constantly spouting the company line when I see her… and I have no problem with it. It's her job and she is paid to promote the virtues of Applebee's.

I just know that muh wife and I will never go to an Applebee’s again on our own dime as they had two chances to not do something extremely disgusting... and they failed both times.

So… here’s why this story was inspired… my hotel in Palm Springs was in the same parking lot as this evil Applebee’s... and it bothered me greatly to see it every day and it was in view from my hotel room...

Bastards...

2 comments:

kneel said...

Man, do I remember that. We often tell that story and people just don't believe it. We have tried 3 or 4 Applebee's and all were horrid. We vowed never to go back there. Well, we did. We tried the one in our new town, and it was really good. We've been there many times and have never had a problem. We went to Cincinnati at Christmas to visit family and we all went out to Applebee's. Well, that was a mistake. The whole experience was a disaster. So our vow is no more Applebee's except the one in our own little hick town.

Anonymous said...

Funny story - we just went to that Applebee's in Palm Desert...Got the wrong steak and my husband got the wrong order completely. when we sent it back, they brought me the same steak back and told me it was new! Then they said they would comp our dinner; when I got home and checked my account, I was charged for my dinner. I'll be calling there again today!!!!
I used to work for Applebee's in Arizona but lately, not having much luck with them!