Friday, March 24, 2006

Fast Break Line – Those Special People -- A Smelmooo Rant

Fast Break Line – Those Special People...

After a very long day of traveling to a remote city in Southern California (Palm Springs) that involved waking up at 3:45 a.m. for a 5:30 flight to Houston with a 1 hour layover for another flight to Palm Springs, all I wanted to do was get to my hotel room.

The Palm Springs airport is an extremely small airport. My bag came out in a few minutes and I was impressed with the efficiency… I was tired and excited that my bag was one of the first few bags out. I was also glad to see that it made it through the relatively short layover where I had to travel on a Tram and walk a bunch to get to my second gate.

With bag in hand, I went to pick up my reserved rental car at Budget. The line was long and I was immediately irritated to see how long it was going to take. I waited for 45 minutes to get through the line. Waiting is one thing, waiting for 40 minutes, making it to the front of the line, and then having these two people jump in front of you because they were part of an “elite persons” program pissed me off to no end. I was ready to ring their necks….bastards…

Yeah yeah yeah… for those of you that read both my wife’s and my blogs know that she is an Elite member of Continental… so I essentially called muh wife a bastards… well… all I can say to that is that I would never be mad at anything that works to my advantage. Heh heh…

No comments: