Thursday, March 30, 2006

Book 16 of 26 -- Steve Martini's The Judge

Palm Springs allowed me to read 2 books in 3 days. Sometimes, travel rocks.

In The Judge, Steve Martini revisits his pretty cool character once again (Paul Madriani). I wrote back in February or January that I have begun to really appreciate this guy. Martini has written many books and this character is his main character.

In one of the earlier books in the series, Madriani pretty much royally pisses of the judge that he is litigating before. This hatred extends to several of his books as they continuously confront each other and even get in each other's way as Madriani tries to discover the killer of the Judge's niece.

The Judge is interesting in that Madriani receives the highest compliment in the world when this Judge essentially recruits the Madriani character to represent him. The murderer was pretty well hidden for the majority of the book, but I was happy to discover that I am good at predicting the killer. I really need to stop reading so deeply into these books and enjoy the ride... but the books are more intelligent than most mystery books so I dive into them.

In The Judge, Madriani comes closer to death than he has ever come including a confrontation with a group of dirty police officers.



Of the Madriani books, this is NOW my favorite one so far.

Next Up in terms of Steve Martini -- a novel that doesn't feature the Madriani character... The List as it is a library book and I really want to finish it up.

Now... for real... the next book will be Cheating Death, Stealing Life : The Eddie Guerrero Story

2 comments:

steakbellie said...

My Favorite was 'The Jerk'
:)

Smelmooo said...

it took me about 2 minutes to get that joke.

Damn...