Friday, November 26, 2004

Looking Forward to the Day After Christmas...

... Happy Day After Thanksgiving everyone!

Let me tell you a quick story of something that happened to me this
weekend and you will see how thankful I am to have jokers like this
guy in my life to make me feel much better about myself.

Muh honey and I received a gift that was a double so I had to go to
Fortunoff to return the nice gift. At Fortunoff, there is a returns
line, so I got n the line that was 4 people deep and I waited
patiently through two people that took at least five minutes each.

My turn eventually came when a gentleman decided that he would cut the
line and be taken before me. By this point, the line was 7 people
deep and everyone's patience was running thin.

His argument was that he waited on line and that he didn't want to
have to wait on such a long line again. His item problem was that he
was given the wrong merchandise and went home and realized it was
wrong. This gave him the authority to cut in front of everyone.... or
so he thought in his mind.

The part that gets me is that the clerk was going to let him go
straight to the front of the line.

Anyway... I, of course, did not want to wait any longer and expressed
my disbelief that he would think that he had earned his new place in
line. He told me his sob story...and when I replied with... "That's
not my problem. You left without the right stuff so YOU should wait
on line like the rest of us..." the rest of the line finally chimed in
and came to my aid.

Embarrassed, he went to the side and asked for a manager. 6 of the 7
people that would have been helped before him if he had gotten on line
were helped by the time time second cashier actually gave me my store
credit. Guess what? The manager still hadn't arrived. I wanted to
stay longer to see if he got help but I had to leave. I hope they
helped out everyone else.

P.S. I am still thankful for being alive and for many other things,
but this one just made me smile. Happy Day After Thanksgiving
Everyone!!!

No comments: