Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Muh Boring Voting Blog

There are so many people out there waxing poetically about who is the better candidate today, about why you should vote one way or another, or about who is the best for this country.

I don't wanna do that. I want to suggest something completely different. I just want to encourage you to vote. I firmly believe something. If you don't vote, then you can't exercise your First Amendment right to free speech to complain about the elected officials.

Aside from that, you might experience some "get out the vote" efforts today. Young kids and adults will be walking the streets with lists encouraging you to get out to vote. I ask -- as someone who has been doing that for over 10 years -- to treat them with the respect they deserve and say thank you politely to them. They didn't ask to be belittled...they are just encouraging a higher participation of the electorate.

I will leave you now as I have already voted. It looks like it will be a high turnout year.

I was number 42 and muh honey was number 36 at about 6:30 this morning. That is encouraging.

Now..it is your turn... say something....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was number 371.

playdoh said...

I was # 256. and 282. and 311. and 337.

just to make sure.