Saturday, November 06, 2004

Our Lawn Looks Great!

Muh honey and I are lucky that we have a lawn that gets very few leaves on it. This is unlike the raking projects that we used to have at my parent's house growing up. We would sometimes dedicate three or four SaturDAYS to deal with all the leaves that fall on a lawn that is primarily in the woods.

With this said, I planned on raking what few leaves we have yesterday, mowing the lawn one last time and laying down the Winterizer I recently bought so that the grass could hibernate this winter. It was a simple project and I planned on doing it during my lunch break.

When I pulled up to the house at lunch time, I was irritated to find a huge landscapers truck and all the equipment parked in front of the house. I was irritated becaue i knew how hard it was going to be for me to pull around it and make it into the driveway. I couldn't even see the lawn... that's how much space all the equipment was.

I grumbled and eventually made it around the truck and pulled into the driveway. When my vision cleared the truck and I could see the front lawn, I was treated to a perfectly mowed lawn without a single leaf anywhere. The guy landscaped our lawn and the lawn next door. As you might know, my next door neighbor normally mows our front lawn for us as our lawns are extensions of each other so it is beneficial to both of us to have lawns that are the same height.

This was a new level though. I think it was a friend of his that did the final touches on the lawn. This was a really nice surprose and I even felt bad for grumbling at the big truck.

I just hope we don't get a bill.... muh honey is sysnical enough to believe that we just might... I might agree with her...

No comments: