Friday, July 01, 2005

Fourth of July Weekend Admission

Dammit... It's the weekend in which we celebrate the Fourth of July.

The Fourth of July is representative of a little document entitled the Declaration of Independence which was the beginning of the colonies breaking away from Imperial Rule.

(Side note -- We wouldn't be celebrating this document if we hadn't won the war. Amazingly, lots of death and violence allows me the right to say to my boss -- I am not coming into the office and I am grilling burgers. Thanks so much for signing a piece of paper and dying for me.)

But all of that is irrelevant because I have to admit something to you all.

I am using my American freedom to admit that I turned on and left on because I was completely fascinated by... Dancing With the Stars. Somehow, I missed all the earlier episodes and I sat through the whole thing on Wednesday... both the repeat and live episodes.

I couldn't stop watching it because it was so fascinating and funny and engaging and interesting.

Granted... the stars aren't really stars... and the dancing is still below par, but it is quite good for only learning it a week prior...but the show is fun nonetheless. For those of you not in the know... here is the premise.

"Dancing with the Stars is a totally unique and original series that pairs a celebrity with a professional dance partner as they train and then compete in front of a studio audience in a televised dance competition. The pairs will be judged by a panel of experts and also by viewers at home, with one couple being eliminated each week." Click here for the rest of the synopsis.

It is down to the final two "stars" John O'Hurley from Seinfeld fame and Kelly Monaco from General Hospital fame. She is also a former Playmate of the Month... my favorite that year... and is quite the cutie pants.

There are two other stars on the show though. The first is the costume designers. Whoever is designing the dresses that these women have to wear is an absolute genius and makes it possible for even the straightest man in the world to enjoy the show. UN-FRIGGING-BELIEVABLE what these ladies are wearing... I mean.. .not wearing.

The second star of the show is perhaps one of the most beautiful judges/people in Carrie Ann Inaba. You can click on her name to see what she looks like but it doesn't do her justice. She is a superstar who rips new a-holes and is gorgeous to boot while also supplying support to dancers when need be.

Wow... I typed a WHOLE bunch for a show I have only watched for 110 minutes.

No comments: