Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Guest Blog -- Tucker Takes a Field Trip

*Flop*

*Flop*

What are mom and dad doing? I can usually tell when they are getting ready to leave because I hear keys jiggle or I see changes of clothing when they go into that room that I am not allowed in upstairs but today seems different. I can't figure out what they are up to... and here are my clues:

1. They took my fun brown sleeper outside. I don't know what dad was doing with it but he seemed to struggle with it.

2. Mom is really pushing me to pee right now. I just did about 2 hours ago... so what is her push? I am getting good at holding it for more than 8 hours.

3. Mom packed a plastic bag and put a bunch of my things in it. This can't be good.

*Flop*

I think we might be taking a trip... but I am not sure... they haven't rattled my leash. I love when they do that... I will come running from any part of the house for that and for the shaking treat can.

*Flop*

Mommy is calling! I have to stretch first... ok... that's done... now let me peek around the couch to see what's up. I am not going to let he trick me into the kitchen where she will lock my up. She gets me all the time. I will wait here until I at least get something for my troubles... like a treat or an ice cube.

Oh goodie... she is coming to me with the leash... that means we are going for a car ride!!! I LOVE CAR RIDES! I LOVE SITTING WITH MY BACK LEGS ON THE SEAT AND MY FRONT PAWS ON THE CENTER CONSOLE AND I LIKE LOOKING AT EVERYTHING AND EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE LICKING DAD'S NECK UNTIL HE CRINGES.

I was right! Time for a car ride!!!... but wait... oh... shoot... mom wants me to get into my brown carrier! I don't wanna... but dad comes over and shoves me in... at least he gave me a bisquit for my trouble. He also tells me that we are going to go meet my cousins... whatever that means.

The ride was pretty uneventful until right before we got there. I was a silly puppy... I leaned into a turn that my dad was taking and the carrier tipped over. That will teach me to do anything but sit. Dad didn't take the curve too fast at all but I still leaned into it enough to end up on muh head... until mom saved me by uprighting the carrier.

We got... went into this big house and walked into the backyard... I was so happy to meet Uncle Steve and Aunt Sue and meet my people cousins...Julia and Jake. Aunt Sue had a really unproportional (new word I learned in puppy school) tummy... I was told that muh new people cousin is coming soon. I then met my first doggie cousin... Red. Red and I played Chase Each Other Around and Lick Each Other's Faces for awhile. Then... Max came out. Max is much older than both of us... but he was nice to us. We played with each for hours.

We even played Dig Holes in the Mulch. This game was the funnest. We would dig holes in the mulch until it was the length of our bodies. We would them chew and lie in the holes we dug. It was hot outside and this was cool and in the shade! We are smart puppies even though our mommies and daddies yelled at us.

Dad came over in a deceiptful way... he looked happy but he really tricked me by putting a leash on me and walked me back to the house. At the house... mommy turned the hose on me and cleaned off all my fun dirt! I was a soaked through puppy. They left me outside to dry off while they went inside and checked out the house. At least Red and Max came over to hang out and talk.

I learned a lot about Uncle Steve and Aunt Sue and I can't share it with any of you. They won't let me come over ever again... Dad keeps trying to get me tell...but I never will!

*Flop*

Mom and dad are packing up the stuff and we are going home now... I am one tired floppy puppy. I think I will sleep the whole ride home... and then... when I get home... I will barely move for the rest of the day.

*Flop* *Flop* *Flop* *Flop* *Flop* *Flop*
*Flop* *Flop* *Flop* *Flop* *Flop* *Flop*

No comments: