Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Two Supermarkets... Separated at Birth?

I always get in the wrong line at the supermarket...and I am glad that I went on the wrong line this time as I was given some insight into one of the dumbest people I have ever seen.

Clerk -- That will be $42.32 ma'am.

Ma'am -- Ok.. I am going to write out a check.... (2 minutes later)... Here you go.

Clerk -- It says Shop Rite ma'am. We are Stop and Shop.

Ma'am -- What's the difference? Can't you just cash it?

Clerk -- We are different stores. We are called Stop and Shop.

Ma'am -- I don't understand. You should be able to cash that.

Clerk -- No ma'am. I am pretty sure that we will go to jail for trying to cash someone else's check. It's against the law.

Ma'am -- Are you kidding me? What's the difference....get me a manager.

(After several more minutes of debate...)

Clerk -- I am going to have to take cash from you ma'am. I do not trust any check that you may write.

Ma'am then stormed out of the building. ... I paid with cash.

No comments: