Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Top Five Tuesday -- A Dramatic Return to An Asskicking Column

Top Five Movies That I Want to See in the Movies
1. March of the Penguins
2. Bad News Bears (I can't explain it... but Billy Bob should make an excellent miserable a-hole)
3. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory -- Tim Burton plus Johnny Depp = super duper flick!
4. The Island -- Michael Bay returns with a killer idea -- Clones who want to escape their pre-determined fate...and car chases.
5. Wedding Crashers -- I think Owen Wilson is the funniest Wilson... out of three... that ain't bad.

Top Five Reasons Why I Will Not Go to See War of the Worlds
1. I was on the phone outside of Batman Begins this weekend and WotW let out. NOT ONE PERSON said it was a good movie. A LOT of people said it had INCREDIBLE and EXCEPTIONAL special effects...but that... a movie ... does not make...
2. I do not want to support anything that Tom Cruise is in. He is insane.
3. Steven Spielberg lied... he said he would never make a movie with bad aliens. Liar.
4. I know the ending... (There was a great joke on Best Week Ever when they were discussing why movie going is down this year. Their explanation is because everything is a rehash or remake. My favorite line was "It's like going to the movies and some a-hole ruins the movie for you by telling the ending and that a-hole is YOU!"
5. Oprah -- She encouraged Tom to be... apparently... himself.

Top Five Song Titles of Songs that Are Dumb But I Love Anyway -- AKA A Trip Through Muh iPod
1. Vampires in Love by Marvelous 3
2. The Girl is Mine by Michael Jackson (Just so wrong in many ways)
3. Ooh, Ooh, Song by Pat Benetar
4. My Sharona by The Knack
5. Myxomatosis by Radiohead

Top Five Things that We Watched This Weekend
1. Date My Mom -- What is it with this show? It is complete train wreck television yet... I am strangely compelled to watch it every single time it is on.
2. The Yankees beating the Orioles last night.
3. The Soup -- Joel McHale is a very funny fella. For those of you that have never seen The Soup, Joel is the Ricky Gervais boss type character in the Burger King commercials -- "YOU are my FANTASTIC Four!!!"
4. Vertigo -- That ending STILL gives me chills.
5. Crouching TIger, Hidden Dragon -- Damn... I still wanna be a ninja. I took muh pillow after the movie and tossed it at muh wife and called it Tan Destiny... ha ha ha... that made us laugh for... minutes.
Dishonorable Mention -- Wimbledon even though muh wife teared up at the end... silly wife.

Top Five Reasons to See Batman Begins - The REAL Reasons
1. To watch Katie Holmes talk only out of the side of her mouth.
2. To watch the deep blue eyed hero of 28 Days Later be the coolest villian of Batman's history.
3. Christian Bale is a bad ass mumma f-er
4. Michael Caine steals every movie he is in. I am so amazed by him the older he gets.
5. No penguins, George Clooney, Val Kilmer, Tommy Lee Jones or Jim Carrey.


Top Five Why This LITTLE Person Keeps Winning Hot Dog Eating Contests
1. He has six stomachs.
2. He doesn't know any better.
3. He went to school during the summers -- That's why the Japanese are so far ahead of... year round school!!!
4. He is the same size as Tom Cruise -- Super Person and all around perfect fella!
5. I have no idea....

No comments: