Wednesday, June 07, 2006

BOOK 26 of 26 -- A Dirty Job by Chris Moore

My goal has been reached and I reached it much ... um... quicker than I ever anticipated. I have read 26 books in five months time. In fact, as I sit to write this review, I have almost read 2 more.

I saved A Dirty Job by my new favorite author Chirs Moore to be my 26th book. I have had it for a couple of months and have waited to have it be THE book to finish my initial goal.



Chris Moore is perhaps the best satirist on the market today. His books make me laugh out loud when I read them. His titles are the most amazing titles on the market. Some include:

The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove
Island of the Sequined Love Nun
Bloodsucking Fiends


How can you not like a guy like this? you can tell right away that you are in for a ride.



That's why... I was a bit concerned with the title of his latest book -- A Dirty Job.

BOOOORRRINNNGGG... but the book wasn't. I am not going to sit here and say that this was his best book. No... that will be reserved for LAMB: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal, but A Dirty Job is a nice diversion from the regular world of novels and fiction.

Moore has one of the best weird sense of humors out there. It would be a shame for you to have never read a Chris Moore book...

A Dirty Shame....

No comments: