Thursday, June 01, 2006

R.I.P. -- The Big Blue Buick

It is with great sadness that I report to you that late last month, I officially retired the Big Blue Buick to the world of used car lots.



No more occassional moaning from the brakes.... that three repair shops couldn't figure out the cause of...

No more occassional squeaking in the brakes...that the same repair shops failed to identify....

No more looking like an old man driving erraticly down route 1 and the New Jersey Turnpike....

No more thinking about what my AARP benefits were going to be even though I am just a 32 year old man....


I am sort of sad to see this end of an era... pretty sad indeed. I have been driving the old man type of car for five years now... and now... I have moved on to the Ford Escape. It is a suitable replacement and I will treat it well.

Long story short... now that I am in charge, I am now in charge of vehicle purchasing... I am also not getting the hand me down cars anymore so I get the new car...

This year ... I was tired of the old man cars and switched over to a nice looking Ford Escape...it's an SUV... and it looks like this:



Ahhh..... the memories and the smell of a new car are an amazing thing....

No comments: