Monday, October 16, 2006

Book 48 of 26 -- The Christmas Train by David Baldacci

The Christmas Train by David Baldacci is a pretty interesting short novel by my rather verbose chronological author David Baldacci.

On a train travelling across the country, we find an interesting blend of characters experiencing love, hate, crime, magic, and incredibly dangerous weather systems.

The book is a celebration of train travel. The characters all seem to celebrate the trip instead of the destination and I would have to agree. I love taking the train instead of a plane. When I travel on a train, I am separated from the world and I can truly relax.



The pitter patter of the train on the tracks... and the muted conversations of fellow passengers make the trip interesting and comforting.

The Christmas Train is a tight and well written story. It is the perfect book to read and finish when you are snowed in for the annual winter storm or for a holiday weekend when you have little to do but put away your presents.

I honestly might pull this book back out when it gets closer to Christmas... it seems appropriate to read it when the Christmas tree is up in the other room.

No comments: