Thursday, October 05, 2006

My Trip Around San Francisco -- Sight Seeing

I finished two of my meetings early my first day in San Francisco so I decided to kill my 6 hour window with a bit of sight seeing before my late afternoon meeting.

I began a long trek from my hotel to Fisherman's Wharf. The concierge told me that it was a 2 1/2 mile walk but it was a nice trip. Here are some of the highlights.

Chinatown -- I have been to Chinatowns in various cities like NYC, Philly and DC and none come close to how incredibly big and amazing the one in San Francisco is. My favorite highlight of the the trek through the "town" was passing a restaurant that a whole bunch of different kinds of dead and skinned carcasses in the window. Mmmm... appetizing.



North Beach -- They call it North Beach, but I would refer to it as Little Italy. The smell of garlic and food was predominant everywhere I walked. The whole area made me long for a tremendous lunch.

Lombard Street -- It is a pretty neat street and you can tell that the people that live there are pretty upper class folks as many of the houses had Porshes in their driveways. I am proud to say that I walked to the top of the street. The highlight of the walk was my tripping and I fell down. The amazing thing is that I didn't break my camera. I was willing to damage my hands and not break the camera. I was amazing... too bad I was a clumsy idiot first.



New "French" Toilets -- There are "new" public toilets in the Fisherman's Wharf area. You put in a quarter and a futuristic door slides open. You go in, and the toilet, water, soap, and air dryer are all automatic. AMAZING!



In N Out Burger -- See Shari for more details... Double Double With Cheese kicks booty.

Sea Lions -- Man... those things know how to make noise.



I also enjoyed taking pictures of the Bay Bridge, Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, and some of the other highlights. It's a neat little city and I can't wait to go back with muh wife in February.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

San Fran is the greatest, as is In N Out. There's also a great hamburger place in Sausalito called--Hamburgers. Its a tiny little place but the burgers are fantastic. I am totally jealous you are going back.

-Shari