Thursday, October 26, 2006

World's Greatest Radio Commercials

There are currently two radio commercials on the air that I hear all the time and they are extremely effective.

1. Cousins Paint Ball -- This is approximately 60 seconds long and there are no bells and whistles. It is basically a guy repeating over and over again... COUSINS PAINT BALL. Every once in awhile...he throws in the web address or bangs a gong... It is repetitive and I will never forget the name of the place. ANNOYINGLY PERFECT.

2. Outback Steakhouse -- The chain does a great job changing up its theme song every few months to reflect the holiday. It throws in a new group of Aussies singing how Outback Steakhouse is a terrific place to go on that particular holiday -- even Mother's Day. They have a new set of commercials and the song is just plain catchy. You can hear it here and clicking on the bottom left link that says Let's Go... even though it is the television version of it... and not the radio version... I can't get the "Let's go outback tonight...." la la la la... "Life will still be there tomorrow......."

If you see me and I sing this to you.. then you know I want to murder someone...

No comments: