Monday, October 23, 2006

Book 51 of 26 -- The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is really a must read book.

I can't describe how wonderful this book really is. I was a bit skeptical from the beginning about this story of a man that travels through time ... naturally... and meets his wife.



It is a story of discovery... First... the wife meets the husband (future) as a child and discovers their relationship. Eventually, time catches up with them and then he gets to discover the relationship.

It is a sweet story with some action and misdirection thrown in.

It isn't told chronologically and the biggest criticism of the book is that it is sometimes confusing as to what time they are in, but that is the reader's fault if he/she isn't paying attention.

I asked a friend who also loved the book to write a five word book review.

Hers was -- Much More Than Time Travel
My first one is -- YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK
My second one is -- Magical Voyage of Discovery... Twice...

This is one of the most interesting books that I have read in a very long time... and makes reading good again.

3 comments:

mickeyg said...

Agree, loved the book. But for those who need "easy, linear" reads should stay away. Nice to hear a boy also like it!

Smelmooo said...

was this a nice way to call me gay Gina?

steakbellie said...

I'd like to go back in time and get my money back.