Friday, October 26, 2007

Coke Bottle with Grip -- Blech!

Soo... my Diet Coke bottles have a new shape and feel to them.

They have been given a "grip" near the base of the bottle.

The grip is designed for our big meaty hands to wrap around as we live our active lifestyles.

The redesign of Coke's 20-ounce plastic bottle is the first since 1993. It does not affect glass bottles.



The new bottle features a textured, contour grip molded with an embossed Coca-Cola logo and Coke's signature "dynamic ribbon."

The design replaces the plainer, ridged sidewalls on the current bottle.

I am not a proponent of said grips.

When I am out at a bar and I have a bottle of beer, I do not hold the beer from the base of the bottle -- rather... I hold it from the top or the next.

I do this simply because if I hold the base of the bottle, the beer gets warmer... faster.

This is why I will rebel from the new grip bottles.

I will continue to hold my bottles by the lid -- usually between my pointer and middle fingers as it hangs from my hand.

I do not expect much outrage from the public, but I have to express my displeasure with this.

Actually... the new design is good for two reasons:

1. 5% less plastic will be used per bottle.
2. The caps will be smaller so it will take less turns to get to my drink.

I cannot however use the contour grip.

Thank you for listening to the ramble of a goofball Diet Coke drinker.

No comments: