Monday, October 01, 2007

If I Only Had a Camera

So… on a recent Sunday morning, I was sitting at the Metropark train station on the Southbound side.

I was especially attentive on this chilly morning as I had effectively thrown my back out the day prior.

The pain was strong and I was sitting as straight up as I could making very few movements in order to not experience any pain.

I felt like I looked like Forrest Gump sitting straight up in my khaki pants with my hands on my knees talking to strange people. (If only I had some chocolates.)

I looked around and noticed that on the Northbound side was an elevator door sitting atop a concrete tower about 50 feet above the ground.

What made this elevator so amazing was that there was no platform attached to the tower.

It just floated there… like… the Twilight Zone door…

I goofily looked at it and got the attention of the person next to me, a professionally dressed woman next to me.

“That seems like the meanest handicap elevator on Earth,” I said.

She laughed.

I laughed too….

I made a funny.

No comments: