Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Late Night In Delaware on the Road

Last week, I wrote about my trip down to Dover.

Here's something I forgot... and it was the craziest thing of the entire trip.

I was cruising about 80 miles per hour pretty much by myself when I saw a set of police lights flashing about a mile up the road.

What did I do?

Of course... I slowed down.

I normally hate it when people do that, but come on... I was the only one on the road going about 15 miles per hour over the speed limit.

I slowed down to a respectable 55 miles per hour and was about 1/4 of a mile from the trooper.

That's when I saw the flashlight floating around the shoulder.

I figured it was a police officer or something and he jerked around his flash light.

I saw who was really swinging around the flashlight eventually and hit the brake pretty hard.

It was some crazy looking fella who kept running out into the road and there were two police officers apparently trying to subdue the crazy man.

I swerved over to the passenger lane and missed the strange man by about 25 feet.

That was a crazy feeling at 4:30 in the morning.

No comments: