Thursday, April 28, 2005

Our puppy... on an audition...


Three Days ... Before the "Audition"

Muh wife and I were planning on leaving town for a few days for a work event and we need to find a place to put him.

The most local "kennel" in the area is in our town and it is not listed as a kennel... but as a resort. Our next door neighbors use the place and they say that the place treats their dog fabulously. We wanted to give it a shot.

I picked up the phone after finding their site on the web and gave them a buzz. I stated... "Hi! Muh wife and I recently got a new puppy..."

"OOOOH! What kind!!!" she interupted...

"He is a border collie mix. Daddy is unknown to us. Unfortunately, we have to go out of town for a few days for my job and we would like to put him up at your place. We have some great recommendations for your place."

She responded... "That's great! I am going to need you and the puppy to come in for an interview." My brain went dead. What? An interview... whatever lady. She continued, "We need to get a feeling for his temprament and his ability to play with others. We also need to review his shot records."

Phew... that's all they want? I am glad to hear that. I just have to remember to go in with my best behavior. No sarcasm... as I was able to contain at the pet adoption center when we picked Tucker up.

The Day After the Audition

Tucker and I walked into the resort and he immediately showed how much of a puppy he was. He ran around like the spaz that we know and love and licked anyone that was low enough to get licked. Cute little fella.

The owner came out and took us into a separate room to begin the interview. It basically consisted of a 30 minute conversation where he told us about the place, the people and policies. He told me a long list of reasons as to why he wouldn't take Tucker in. An example included breed of dog like Pit Bulls. He then met Tucker persoanlly and got a feel for his disposition.

After 30 minutes, he announced... "Ok... we will be happy to board Tucker for you!"

I was happy.. and so was the well behaved Tucker. He celebrated by taking the rug in the center of the floor in his mouth and swinging it around like crazy.

It was not the best behavior... but it was funny.

Thanks Tucker... and we will be sad when we say bye to you later today. :-(

No comments: