Friday, April 22, 2005

Tuckerisms

As most of you know, muh wife and I got a cute little puppy recently and I can spend hours watching him play and be goofy as he is still a cute little puppy.

Here a few of the things that I observe that just make me laugh out loud. Perhaps you have seen them in your own pets.

1. Young puppies get so excited to see anyone. When I introduced Tucker to the 3 year old Basset Hound that lives next door, the two of them rolled around on the asphalt driveway for about 10 minutes with pee shooting everywhere. They were just so excited to see each other. It made me laugh because I was trying to remember if there was ever a time that I was so excited about something that I shot pee everywhere. Nope... I can't think of a time.

2. When we give Tucker a piece of rawhide, he just goes to town on it. He still has his baby teeth and is teething we assume as he likes to chew on whatever he can. He has a plethora of items to chew on, but the chicken dipped rawhide seems to be his favorite. It doesn't matter that it is covered in lint from the rug or has lived its entire life on the kitchen floor. That is simply one of his favorite things of all time.

3. He shows no fear. He walks right up to a dog that has the name "KILLER" and licks its face. We have also determined that he is going to be the world's worst guard dog. I encourage you to break into our house. He MIGHT bark but that bark will be followed up by 50 or so kisses to your face.

4. He likes the ladies. He has an amazing ability to show the ladies just how much he likes them by licking thier faces and jumping up on them while he lets the men pet him and hug him. But... god forbid that he jumps up on them. I am guessing that women just somehow smell differently.

5. He follows muh wife wherever she goes. It is neat. I could spend the entire day with him. Wlak him everywhere... supply him with all the food in the world but as long as the two of them are both up and walking around... he follows her. He can't quite make it up the stairs yet... but when she goes upstairs... he is right there... watching the stairs until she comes down. It is very cute and makes me smile.

6. His fear of cars seems to be abating. When he first came, he wouldn't go near a driveway or into the street. He would simply stay on the sidewalk or grass. He seems to be getting over that now as he went and sat in the middle of the street yesterday. (we have him well leashed and watched but it is good to see him making the change.)

7. He is just plain long and seems to slink across the grass and backyard. Much like a ferret...

That's it for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite thing is when he can't quite get his stumpy little legs to work properly. He'll be running-running-running, and then THUD. He just plops, and I feel mean, but I just can't help laughing.

--yh

Anonymous said...

Also, regarding # 6...

Yes, Tucker's fear of cars is abating, but his fear of baby carriages remains in full effect. As soon as he spots one, he tears down the street in the opposite direction.