Friday, April 01, 2005

Great New Shows... On DVD

One of the plusses of being a Netflix member is that you get to catch some great television shows that you missed the first time OR remember from the long ago past.

I have been able to enjoy watching Arrested Development. The show is great and I missed it when it first came out. Now, I can get caught up and watch the first season while the second one airs. This is also relevant for Dead Like Me -- another fantastic quirky little show that no one saw... because it was on Showtime. I can't wait for season 2 to come out on DVD.

When Dukes of Hazzard came out on DVD, I immediately put that on my Netflix queue and I loved watching all those first season episodes at once. It was a great time and I loved catching up on the escapades of Bo, Luke, Daisy and Uncle Jessie. Boss Hogg was truly disgusting.

I am awaiting the arrival of the Greatest American Hero on DVD. I remember loving that show as a kid and I am hoping that I will enjoy the first three episodes when they arrive at my doorstep shortly. William Kaat was a genius... I don't care what anyone says... a true genius.

While clicking around, I found other television shows that I am seriously considering renting as well. They include:

1. Superfriends ("Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice....")
2. The A-Team ("I pity the fool." and "I love it when a plan comes together.")
3. Different Strokes ("What you talking about Willis?" and the Cartoon Mouse episode with the Maytag repair man.)
4. Mork and Mindy (Nanu Nanu)
5. Three's Company (Everything that Jack says...)
6. Buck Rogers and the 25th Century (mmm... Erin Gray.)

Some obscure ideas for television shows for DVD that seemed good at the time and went off the air quickly that I want to see include: (Long run on and fragmented sentence)

1. Manimal
2. Night Hawk
3. Misfits of Science

Alrighty... let me make a left off Memory Lane and come back to the real world.



No comments: