Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Eli Manning and Chad Pennington... Are They Gay?

Over the weekend, when I was watching some football, I think I saw the most disturbing commercial of all time.

I will preface what I will write with the following -- I felt as though my eyes were burnt out of my head so I have absolutely NO IDEA what this commercial was for. All I know is that my face and brain all felt dirty after watching it.

I must also say that I cannot do this commercial the justice it deserves... but...I am sure as heck going to try!

There was a rather large fat Sopranos looking stereotypical New Yorkish/New Jerseyish guy moving into the neighborhood. Eli Manning - the overhyped quarterback of the New York Giants and Chad Pennington - the even more pathetic quarterback of the New York Jets walked up to the guy while wearing their uniforms.

They told the guy that they understood that he wasn't either a Giants or a Jets fan. They then spent the rest of the commercial trying to get the guy to be a fan of the Giants or the Jets.

Let's look at my first point of contention. Both Eli and Chad have disctinctively Southern accents. They are NOT from New York and they are both trying to convince this fat slob from my area that they should be fans of a New York team quarterbacked by THEM! It was just weird.

Secondly, both of them are completely uncomfortable in front of the camera so they are both meek and each time they try to convince this big and brash slob to be a fan, it comes off completely wussy and pansish. It bothers me.

Thirdly and most importantly, I have to scold them for my biggest point of contention. The last image of the commercial and the one that burned my retinas was one where this fat slob is standing with both hands pulling his shirt above his enormous belly. It is hairy and out for everyone to see. Eli and Chad are on their knees (I think) as their heads are at the same height as this big huge belly. They each hold a swatch of fabric corresponding to their respective team colors and they tell him how he would look great in their colors.

WHAT THE F?!?!?! You guys are FOOTBALL players in the NFL. Do not tell me that you didn't know what you were doing... argh... ick... blech...

Go Raiders!

2 comments:

steakbellie said...

Eli cost me bigtime this week, I needed him to out perform Julius Jones, and it just didnt happen, I lost my fantasy game with 1:00 left in the Dallas game.

I should lop his head off just for that. You're right though the commercial sounds pretty gay.

becfzq

Smelmooo said...

aside from not being very good quarterbacks... they get gay... at least not with kids...like in that south park episode...