Thursday, September 22, 2005

Ships In The Wind

My wife and I have become two ships in the wind recently and this week has proven that statement to a fault.

In the grand scheme of things, I really don't mind travelling for work. This mostly stems from my childhood where I didn't do much travelling at all. We drove a lot and went camping and it was a great way to vacation as a kid. To put it into perspective, I never flew in an airplane until I was 27 years old. I enjoyed going places that were within driving distance and had adjusted my life accordingly.

Then, my job required that I travel to attend meetings across the country. Once again... I re-iterate that in the long run, I really don't mind travelling as I am going places that I have never been before. Work has taken me to Vegas, Phoenix, Scottsdale, San Diego, and Palm Springs. In the next few months, it will be taking me to Burlington, VT, Puerto Rico, Miami, and Desert Springs, CA. Two of the trips will include my wife and for that I am grateful but this week, no such luck.

My wife and I are ships in the wind only meeting each other for a small time.

Let me show you... by showing you our schedule.

SUNDAY
Muh beautiful wife dropped me off at the train station where I boarded a train for Washington, DC.
Total Wife Time -- 8 Hours but 6.5 of those were sleeping.

MONDAY
I remained in Washington, DC for the entire day.
Total Wife Time -- ZERO Hours

TUESDAY
I returned from Washington, DC at the end of the day and was greeted by a happy puppy and a beautiful wife.
Total Wife Time -- 4 Hours but 1 of those was sleeping.

WEDNESDAY
I worked all day, but muh wife left on a plane for San Francisco
Total Wife Time -- 7 Hours but 6.5 of those were sleeping.

THURSDAY
I travelled down to Atlantic City for a convention. Muh wife remained in San Francisco.
Total Wife Time -- ZERO Hours

FRIDAY
I will be in Atlantic City all day and muh wife will be arriving home from San Francisco.
Total Wife Time -- ZERO Hours

SATURDAY
I will return home around 2:30 pm and then leave at 7:00 pm to sleep at my friend's house as we are leaving at 2:30 in the morning to go to the NASCAR race in Dover.
Total Wife Time -- 4.5 Hours

SUNDAY
I will get home after midnight.
Total Wife Time -- ZERO Hours

The Dover race isn't work related but when I agreed to it in February, I didn't realize that all the work things would be around it.... so I don't expect any pity for it.

I just wanted to share with you how much I miss muh wife... and boy... I am really looking forward to Saturday.

No comments: