Friday, September 02, 2005

Portland, Portland Everywhere




It doesn't seem like much, but I have had an onslaught of Portland, Oregon recently.

Before the past few weeks, I had discussed the city maybe once or twice with my friend Renee and have had no other reason to ever be interested in it.

However, Portland has become a strong presence in my life as of late and here is why.

1. Muh wife went on a work trip there recently. That's right... people apparently work there! Click on these two links for stories of her trip. #1 and #2. She had an excellent time and has gone so far as to suggest that we go there on a trip someitme in the near future to explore the city.

2. I like to read and when I read, I like to pick up a new author and read all of his or her books in chronological order. I generally focus on mystery novels. A writer often writes about the same town as characters eventually become re-occuring characters. My current author is Phillip Margolin. He writes some pretty intensely graphic stuff AND it all takes place in Portland, Oregon. His books were so descriptive that I had 3% of me saying... be careful wife... Portland is dangerous. :)



3. We watched... and I am almost ashamed to admit this... "Are We There Yet?" with Ice Cube. The movie wasn't horrible BUT it took place in Portland, OR.

4. My friend R and her husband M just vacationed there. :)

Portland... in the span of three weeks has suddenly joined my list of places that I want to visit.

Who knew?

No comments: